Technology and Teacher Professional Development

I had a great time designing my teacher website! One of the principles of web design I used was repetition. I made sure to keep the fonts for my titles and body text all the same size, design and color so that everything was easy to follow. I really like the assignment! It was a fun and engaging way to use the stuff we have learned in class and apply it to a fun activity. But not just an activity, but something that I will most likely have to do when I am a teacher. It was great to be able to get creative and come up with a fun website that parents and students can use. These will be skills that will definitely help me down the line when I am a teacher. Below this paragraph, you can find a link to the website that I created. Make sure to check it out!


Through using Diigo, I have gotten better at using Google Advanced Search and finding good quality articles that pertain to the topic. I have also gotten better at picking out the most important parts of an article and annotating what I am reading. The applications I have learned from using Diigo are important for when I one day have a classroom. Especially if I choose to teach older kids like high schoolers, it will be good to know how to search scholarly articles and annotate so that I can teach that to my own students.

Technology has never been more important in the classroom than it is today. Teacher professional development is a way for individuals and teams to expand and/or deepen their skills as educators. Professional development generally refers to formal classes, seminars, and workshops. We can be aware of these changes by being up to date with the technology around us and being aware of how it works. That way we can teach our own students how to properly and safely implement technology into their own lives. Below is a description from a teacher webinar on education technology trends.

"Technology is already part of many students’ daily lives, so there is an opportunity to use it to further their education. Modern learners don’t want to sit passively while a teacher lectures to them — they want to experience. Ed tech allows educators to connect with young minds and interactively educate them. Altogether, the current trends in educational technology help teachers keep up with their students’ interests."

Education Technology Trends

Comments