Open Educational Resources

My experience in EME2040 has been a really positive one! I like the flexibility of the class and how all of our assignments are easily laid out for us on Canvas. My classmates have also been really great and I like hearing their opinions on technology and education. I don't have anything I dislike about my classroom experience. One thing I would do when I am a teacher is incorporate more hands on activities throughout the class as opposed to the class being mainly lectures.


Open Educational Resources are learning resources that anyone can access. There are five rights associated with OER. The five rights are Retain, controlling copies; Reuse, content in a wide range; Revise, change the content itself; Remix, combine the original and revised content; and Redistribute, sharing the original, revised, and remixed copy. The website I found about OER is a  nonprofit’s mission: to increase equity in K–12 education by making excellent, top-rated curricula openly accessible to districts and schools. Here is the link to the website: Open Up Resources
I learned so many skills from Assignment 4. I learned how to record videos on PowerPoint and attach them to the slides. I really enjoyed creating my lesson and taking the time to create my map of the United States (see image above) and add all the transitions to put the name to the state. The one thing I didn't like was how short the lesson had to be. Four to six minutes did not seem like enough time, and I ended up going over. Next time, I should prepare a little more of what I am going to say so that it doesn't sound as jumbled and last minute.




Comments