HELLO AND WELCOME!


hi guys! my name is Abigail! I was born and raised in Tallahassee, FL. I have four younger brothers who drive me crazy but I love them dearly. I am a junior at Florida State University majoring in Human Development and Family Science with a minor in Education. As of right now in my life, I hope to become a Preschool or Kindergarten teacher. I am currently taking an Education Technology class with the hope that I will learn how to better apply technology in my future classroom.

I have a little experience when it comes to using technology in an educational setting. In middle school and high school, I had a lot of projects that involved using PowerPoint. My teachers like to play Kahoot or Quizlet live as a method of review before a quiz/test/exam. Since my freshmen year of college, I have worked at an after school care program. Here I have used media like YouTube to play fun dancing videos to allow the kids to let our their energy or calming, relaxing videos for brain breaks and to get the kids to calm down after playing outside or if they're a little riled up.

One of my major personal learning networks are my coworkers and the teachers I have worked for in the last three years. They have taught me all about what it means to be a teacher and I have gotten to substitute in classrooms which has given me amazing exposure in the classroom and how to run one. My coworkers at my after school program have also helped me because we have to work together to come up with plans on how to entertain the kids we have for the four hours they are with us. Online I look to a lot of teachers on Instagram for their insight especially when it comes to how to have a welcoming, engaging classroom and how to work with kids who may be more difficult than others.


Comments