Copyright Use and Other Issues with Technology

 

    Copyright is a way of protecting what is yours. This means that you have exclusive use of what is your property and have the right to distribute their work to whom they wish to distribute it to. Fair use are the guidelines that are in place that allow people to copy other people's work within reason. As a teacher, I would make sure that my students are aware of copyright in a way that they can understand. For example, with Kindergarteners, I would express that it is not ok to take other classmates work and that what you write or create is yours. I would also express to be careful with who you give your work to because they might do something that isn't kind like give it to everyone without your permission.
    
    Technology Implementation Issues is a very serious topic and while I can't solve every issue, I can at least try and provide two solutions to the following two problems. With academic dishonesty, I can emphasize to my students that it is never ok to cheat or plagiarize and students who wish to make this decision will suffer serious consequences. I will make sure my students know that I take this matter very seriously and it is not something to joke around with because these choices are ones that can affect your future. With decreased productivity, I want to make sure that I am keeping the classroom alive and relevant. Switching things up so that my students don't get bored and actually get excited to learn!
    
    I have gained a lot of new skills from the classroom newsletter I have recently designed! Some include, how to use Word Art, how to attach a hyperlink and an email address. You can see a screenshot of my newsletter attached below. In the future, I want to get better at blurring some of the lines of the newsletter so it stays more consistent and all put together. These skills I learned are perfect for me because I want to be a teacher and I want my parents to stay informed with what is going on and with the skills I learned, this will make it easier for me to create these newsletters. The better I get with it too, the better the parents of my students will better understanding and know what I am teaching in the classroom.

Comments